Monday, October 11, 2010

Past Lives, Aquarian Gospel, and Healing Through the Records

Timeless Wisdom for Contemporary Questions:

Questions and Answers about the Book “How To Read the Akashic Records”

Question:
As a practitioner of the Akashic Records, how does the communication occur when you are telling the stories of lifetimes to someone? Do you communicate in metaphor?

Linda:
This is a great, very sophisticated question! Let’s say that you are addressing some issue in your life. You bring your question to the Records, and you ask when did this difficulty start? When we work in the Records, we want to go to the point of origin of the difficulty, and to the true nature of the problem.

When the communication comes through the Records, a lot depends upon the practitioner, and that is part of our work as beginning practitioners, to really learn how we get guidance and insight from the Records.

Some people are visual; they see all kinds of things. Those images need to be described. When we work in the Records, we describe what we see. Some people see, some people hear, some people have a sense of knowing. If you just describe how it is, it is up to the recipient of the reading to interpret. Sometimes there are things that I think are metaphors, that I think are just symbolic, and the person that I’m reading will say to me, “You know, I was just on a trip the other day, and I saw that.”

So as the practitioner your responsibility is to describe whatever you are seeing, hearing, or sensing, to the best of your ability. You just put words to it, and as you do that, the person you are reading will let you know if it is a metaphor. But we don’t want to rely on things like metaphors, symbols, and archetypes. Those things are very helpful, but the Records can be very literal. In the Records, it is quite common that we see what is; we get what is. So this is something you want to work with.

Follow-up:
I have been doing a lot of what I call “soul work” right now. Does that help? I tend to be very deep. I am doing a lot of work with my shadow, and with creating a relationship with the so-called Higher Self. I have been doing this intensely for the past year, and I have wanted to do some Akashic reading, not knowing that it existed out there in a form like you have created, like in a class. So, this was very intriguing when I saw this.

Linda:
This is soul work. The Akashic Records is the soul level. The opportunity in working with the Akashic Records is to develop a more conscious relationship with your soul.

In classes, I am beginning to introduce some of my new work, my new audio and my new book, Healing Through the Akashic Records. This is about using the Records as a practice, as a resource for our personal healing to resolve issues; for example, self-abandonment. Through this work we are learning how to utilize the Records to transform our wounds from barriers to our aliveness into launching pads for our transformation. I am so excited about this work. If you are doing soul-level work, you would love it.

Question:
How much healing does the practitioner/teacher really need to do? I am saying this literally, but if a true teacher/healer can do work, wouldn’t I really need to be healed of whatever?

Linda:
Healing is an infinite process. We are infinite beings. Our healing is an infinite process. If we are standing on a circle, you can always look to the right. Any point you are on the circle, there is always right. That is the beauty of this; the Records are an infinite resource.

I have to tell you, I started working in the Records in 1994, and at that time I had no idea what “infinite” meant! I thought it was like this sweet, spiritual word. I found out what it means. It is never-ending, and it is a process of revelation. The job of the practitioner is to be one step ahead of your clients.

This is a perfect Universe, and the Universe will not send someone to you that you cannot help. Somebody who is far beyond you in growth is not coming to you for a reading. It is an energetic impossibility. The people who will come to you will see that you have been through what they are going through, and that you are on the other side. That is why they will seek you out. They will know that Light in you. That is what is so exciting.

We know from a Records perspective that the soul in its nature is perfect. The work of healing through the Records is using our wounds to discover our soul’s perfection. This is exciting work, and these are wonderful questions.

Question:
How can I know when you will be coming to my area to teach a class?

Linda:
The calendar on our website, akashicstudies.com, has a current listing of all scheduled classes. When a group or organization invites me to travel to their city to teach or speak, we work with them to schedule it on my calendar, but I am not always “on the road” touring different parts of the country or world!

When I can’t be there to teach in person, I do teleconferences and online classes, and these might tide you over.

Starting in February of 2011, I am offering a year-long course for the Advanced Akashic Practitioner. We meet four times during the year for five-day classes, here in the Chicago area. Check that out on the website. It is a remarkable class.

Question:
Have you read The Aquarian Gospel of Jesus the Christ by Levi? I just bought the book, and I am just wondering what you think about it?

Linda:
Yes, yes, of course I have. This book, The Aquarian Gospel, was written in the middle of the 19th century by Levi, who was a Presbyterian minister in Ohio. He actually brought this work through the Records. He was a rigorous religious scholar and theologian, and he brought this through. Quite a beautiful work. I am not a theologian; I don’t know the first thing about gospels.

The introduction, which was written by his daughter, I believe, speaks about the Akashic Records. The edition I have was published about 1907. The introduction is brilliant in its description of the Records. I actually quote it in my book because it is so perfect.

Question:
I have been doing the Akashic Records, and I was doing so well, and all of a sudden I am getting nothing. Why? What would be happening? Another person asked me if I would do a reading for him, and I did it, and I got something, and I gave it to him, and it was right on. But for myself, I haven’t been getting anything.

Linda:
I want you to do three things. Here is the first thing: If you are getting nothing, start writing down what kind of nothing you are getting. I know this sounds a little strange, but energy moves on the spoken word, or the formed word, actually. The more you put words to what you are getting, even if it is nothing, as you describe nothing, it starts to move the energy.

The second thing is to just jot down what you are getting, and do not re-read it, even if it makes no sense. Just jot down what it seems like maybe you are getting, even if it is nothing, but don’t read it for about a week. At the end of a week, go back and look at it.

The final thing, is to keep with it. Keep moving with this. If you keep applying what you are getting -- if they are telling you to rest or whatever they are telling you -- apply what they are telling you, and you will get more. Whereas, if you don’t apply what you are getting, it will shut down.

Follow-up:
Somebody said that to me, exactly what you said. If I am not moving on what I have been getting, instead of repeating it, they have just backed off. I might have become a little bit stuck because I have received several very dramatic images about a situation in my life and I don’t know what to do with the information I’m getting in the Records.

Linda:
Right. You are not going to get anything new unless you use what they have given you.

Here is what I want you to do that with those dramatic images. The next time you go into the Records, ask “What does this mean? How do you want me to work with this? How does this help me?” If you get a dramatic image, or a dramatic image of any kind, the purpose is not to scare the daylights out of you, even though sometimes it might. This is the opportunity to go in and ask them to help you work through things. One of the things that happens in our relationship with the Records is that we learn how to negotiate some difficulties. We learn how to move through things, and they can take you by the hand on that.

Question:
I just recently bought your book, “How to Read the Akashic Records,” and I started reading it and I noticed that there are a number of things to do as you are going through it. I am wondering, is it better to just read the book all of the way through before I actually try any of those things, or…

Linda:
I really think it is a very good idea to read the whole book through, so that you know what you are in for! Seriously, read the whole book through, and then go back. You understand that as you are reading it, you probably feel things stirring within yourself, and it kicks up ideas. So read through it, and then go back and start over and work through it, because then you will have a better sense of the whole picture, and then you can start moving through it a little bit at a time. It is really wise to pay attention to how much you can really do right now. Take it a step at a time, and you will be just fine.

I also have the audio set. The exercises are on mp3 files, and you can get that through my website. You can just put your headset on, and I walk you through it. You might want to try that, as well.

3 comments:

  1. I have the audio book version of Healing Through the Akashic Records, and you refer to some printed materials, such as the Pathway Prayer Process Opening and Closing Prayer Card. Is there somewhere this is available for download? You make reference to 'lines 1 through 11' and 'repeating lines 8, 9, and 10 twice', but I have no idea which lines are what, or what I am supposed to be repeating. I have tried writing down what I hear, but I don't know where the line divisions are. Can you please help me with this? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Thanks so much for your posting. We do know that the audio version of How To Read the Akashic Records is frequently missing the prayer. Your comment gave us the idea to post the prayer on our blog for anyone who didn't get it with their audio book. Please find it in the posting above. Warm wishes to you on this wonderful journey.

    ReplyDelete

We do not post anonymous comments. Sorry.