Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Answering the Call, On-Line Classes, and 2012

Timeless Wisdom for Contemporary Questions:

Questions and Answers about the Book “How To Read the Akashic Records”

Question:
I recently found your book and read it and really liked it. I am really called to move into doing this kind of work. I have tried the meditation a couple of times so far, and what I am finding is some kind of barrier within myself about allowing this to happen, and feeling like it is forbidden, like I am not supposed to go there. Consciously, that doesn’t make much sense to me, but when I try to analyze the feeling of it, I just feel like there is a block for me.

Linda:
This is very interesting, because I totally get what you are talking about. There is something within us – the culture in which we have all been raised bred it into us. We have been carrying this around for centuries, and at some level we are not allowed to have conscious access to our own souls. We have gotten this through traditional religion. This is a very popular old idea. You really are tapping into the challenge that is before us, and the challenge is to stand in the face of that and say, “No. That is an old idea. It was fine--it was appropriate in its time, but it really is a new age, and I am entitled. It is my birthright to have a conscious relationship with my own soul,” and that is what our work in the Records is all about.

What we know about blockages and resistance is that it stems from fear. We want to respect fear because we fear for a reason. For thousands of years we haven’t been able to do this kind of work, but today we can. The thing about moving beyond fear is that we cannot ram ourselves through it. We do not want to force it. What we want to do is to give ourselves a chance. Let yourself practice. I think it is brilliant on your part to seek more support, because when we work with a group, together we can do what none of us can do alone. We can go much further, much faster, with more elegance and grace.

As we come together you can feel it. There is a synergy, there is an energy of the group that is very present. Even when you are not working with the group, the group’s energy will make it easier for you to press into the energy of the Records. Give yourself a chance, get the support you need, whether it is coming to a book club meeting or coming to a class. Another option is that I have the audio set, which is the guided practices of working in the Records. That is really nice, because you can listen to it, and I talk you through it. So it is another way for you to get some support.

Follow-Up:
I have done other kinds of readings before, and you come up against those beliefs of “Oh, I can’t do this.” This one feels like it may be just what you are saying, a sort of cultural, historical, pervasive barrier that has been there in the ethers and in our collective psyches.

Linda:
Especially if you are familiar with other ways of working, when we break into a new dimension of consciousness we have to move through those protections that have kept us from that place before. It is kind of like cutting away the bush, the underbrush, because we are pressing into a new path. Now, this is a path that has always been there, but it is overgrown with old ideas.

You want to give yourself a chance, and you want to press in. However, it is not helpful to freak yourself out. Allow yourself to take one step at a time. I know absolutely that with more support it will be easier. There is no question that you will get there. It is just that the more support you have, the easier it will be.

For those of you who are very good at doing things on your own, it might be time for you to learn about being supported more, because support might be what it will take for you to get into the Records. Whatever is next on your journey will be part of the way that you get into the Records. That often happens.

Question:
I am not familiar with the Akashic Records at all, but I have been meditating and introduced into many other spiritual aspects. My question is that about a month ago I walked into this room, and it was an endless library going up. A book came out of the library, flying to me, and it opened up and this light came out, and I just heard one word, “Akashic.” That was really only the second time I’ve ever heard about Akashic. I’m just really confused. What did that mean?

Linda:
Akasha is a Sanskrit word that means “primary substance; that out of which all things are formed.” That is what we are dealing with; that is what the Record is, primary substance. It is really energy before we get to it with our thoughts and feelings.

As you tell this story, it is interesting that when it is our time, every one of us, every soul at some point in time, whether it is this lifetime or another lifetime, it doesn’t matter--at some point in time, everyone gets this call, a nudge, the urge of your soul calling you to know your own soul more than ever before. You are asking this question today as a result of an inner calling, an inner prompting. We all come into the Records as a result of the urge of our soul which says, “It is time.” This always occurs in a way that makes sense to us.

I never had the dream about the library; I never had that dream. I had different experiences that were perfect for me, but there are many people who dream about the library. It comes in the dream state because that is something that you really get. You were like, “Heads up!” You really got that. The call came, and you heard it. That is part of what is so beautiful about this, people come to this in a way that is true or real, and you do not have to have any special abilities. Some people have a lot of meditation experience, and some people have none. Some people are really very sophisticated in many of the spiritual arts and practices, and for some people, this is their first introduction to the path. It comes to us in all different ways. You are getting the call of your soul. This is it. This is real. This is the most real thing in your life right now.

Follow-Up:
Is this something that I do on my own?

Linda:
Here is what I would recommend. I have a book called How to Read the Akashic Records. It will teach you how to do this. You can read the book. I also have an audio set of the same title, and you can get that. I have many resources on my website (www.akashicstudies.com). In July, I am going to be teaching an online class where you can Skype in and we will be able to work together. It is very exciting, and I can help you through this. You can learn that way, or you can come to a live class. Part of this is for you to look at which way would be the best for you to go. What is really going to support you right now? There are a variety of ways that you can learn this.

I have been teaching the Records since 1996. I really believe that there is no substitute for good training. Will you get to be able to do this on your own? Sure. Absolutely. However, 2012 is coming. Life is speeding up. You can feel it. Good training can make a world of difference in terms of how quickly you can learn this, and your success and your mastery will be accelerated if you allow yourself to get training.

Question:
I got your book in Sedona a year ago, and it popped up at me. For some reason I just haven’t jumped into it, and I want to. I keep being drawn and drawn and drawn. I thought it was interesting that you said that the way you learn is part of how you get into the Records. I have been feeling like I am missing it, and I just went to Sedona again last week, one year later. It feels like I am ready now, I feel called, it feels perfect, and my life has cleared a whole bunch of stuff out.

Linda:
I know we spoke last year, and it is so interesting that this has come to you, and you want to notice the persistence. Isn’t that amazing? It’s like, “Oh, it is still here.” And you have a very rich, full life, and yet in the background it is like it keeps knocking at the door. I have a friend who says, “When the Spirit knocks, I answer.” Maybe it is time for you to take the next step, and there are a variety of ways to go. Part of the journey is to find what supports you. For many people, it is really plenty to work with the book. It works!

For other people, it is really much better if they are in a class. There are so many different ways, and how you approach this is really where choice comes in. In some ways, we have no choice. At some point, we will all be presented with the opportunity to have a more conscious relationship with our soul. That is part of the imperative of every human being at some point, whether it is this lifetime, next lifetime, five lifetimes from now; it doesn’t matter. We will all have that phase of time. Where we do have choice is in how we proceed: “Do I want to try going it alone?” “Do I want to use the help of a group?” “Do I want to use a teacher?” “How do I want to do this?” Those are the choices that each and every one of us must make for ourselves. We experiment. We may go it alone and find that doesn’t work. We go to a group, and we may find that is not our favorite. Or we find out what is. We find out what doesn’t work, and we find out what does work. Wherever you are in your process, give yourself the consideration that you deserve. First of all, you are fully entitled; it is your birthright to have a more conscious relationship with your own soul.

People who are here on the planet at this time of great spiritual revolution, we have come collectively to enjoy the opportunity of the expansion of our awareness. That is really why we are all here together.

Look and see what has been working for you, and look to see what has not been working, and allow yourself to take the next step. I am very excited about being able to offer this as an online class, because you can do this in your own home, and we will have a virtual group. You will be able to work with other people on the Facebook group, and then you will have the recording to work with. There is no airfare involved, which at this point is a big deal. That would be a wonderful way to go. There are many different ways to approach this. You look inside, you ask for guidance, and you do your best. Know that whatever is going on that we are all being led. We know that you are being led because you have not been bumped off of the path. We all go through this in our own way.

The thing I really want to leave with you is this: If you are becoming aware of this spiritual resource known as the Akashic Record, it is because there is something within you nudging you to take your next step, to know yourself, to know your own soul more than ever before, to actually explore the richness of this spiritual resource. Allow yourself to do this and to get your questions answered and to take appropriate action in a way that is supportive and respectful of who you are and what works for you.

1 comment:

  1. Linda~ I am in Kansas City and planning to attend your event Thursday night! I heard about your book a few months back, but didn't know of the event until this week, and it's funny to me how this has come into my life. This is amazing timing for I have some issues and healing I need to do with myself.

    ReplyDelete

We do not post anonymous comments. Sorry.